The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
• Richard Keatinge, PhD, has been named vice president of business development at Digital Gene Technol ogies (La Jolla, CA), a firm which combines genomics technology with advanced bioinformatics to identify and determine anatomical distribution and expression patterns of the genes contained in any cell or tissue sample. Keatinge was president of his own technology-related consulting firm before joining Digital Gene.
• Medsite.com (New York) has named Steven Novick senior vice president and head of business development and John Eastman executive vice president and publisher of the site. Prior to joining the company, Novick served as senior associate in the Private Equity Group at Lehman Brothers. Eastman, who will lead the digital content offerings generated by and distributed through the Medsite.com hub, most recently served as president of Teton Ventures. Medsite.com ser ves more than 300,000 medical professionals, including 200,000 physicians, with online medical information, communication and commerce solutions.
• Douglas Brutlag, PhD, an expert in computational biology, has been named acting chief scientific officer of Pangea Systems (Oakland, CA). Brutlag is a professor of biochemistry and medicine and director of the bioinformatics resource at Stanford University School of Medicine. Brutlag will continue to hold his full-time positions at Stanford while acting as Pangea’s chief scientific officer. He has been a member of the Stanford faculty since 1974. Prior to that, he was a research scientist at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organ ization in Canberra, Australia.
• James Steeb has been appointed president and CEO of Salu.net (Portland, OR), an Internet service provider for physician specialists. Steeb previously served as executive vice president and chief operating officer of CareWise. Additional appointments to the company's management team include Bob DeBartolo, executive vice president of industry sales, formerly of Corbett Healthconnect, a division of Omnicom; Jerry Kelly, executive vice president of physician sales, formerly of Transamerica Intellitech; and David Pincus, vice president of marketing, most recently executive vice president of marketing at Hearing Science.
• Spotfire (Cambridge, MA), a provider of software solutions for research and development for the life sciences, has made three new appointments: Michael Akillian, vice president, corporate marketing; Dan Hebert, director, business development; and Ed Tobin, director, professional services. Akillian will oversee all product marketing and corporate and marketing communications activities. Hebert most recently held the position of director of enterprise systems at Parametric Technology for its Windchill division. Tobin joins Spotfire from IBM, where he served as principal for the DaimlerChrysler account.
• Trisha Thompson, has been named executive editor of the two web site enterprises of yourPharmacy (St. Louis, MO): yourPharmacy (www.yourPharmacy.com) and DrugDigest (www.DrugDigest.org). Prior to joining the company, Thompson held senior positions at a variety of Time-Life publications, including Parenting and Health magazines.