The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
Seven goals of health literacy
Ways to improve
The seven goals to improve health literacy issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as part of its National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy are:
1. Develop and disseminate health and safety information that is accurate, accessible, and actionable.
2. Promote changes in the health care system that improve health information, communication, informed decision-making, and access to health services.
3. Incorporate accurate, standards-based, and developmentally appropriate health and science information and curricula in child care and education through the university level.
4. Support and expand local efforts to provide adult education, English language instructions, and culturally and linguistically appropriate health information services in the community.
5. Build partnerships, develop guidance, and change policies.
6. Increase basic research and the development, implementation, and evaluation of practices and interventions to improve health literacy.
7. Increase the dissemination and use of evidence-based health literacy practices and interventions.