The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
A look at the top 10 hazardous industries
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, these industries had the highest rates of work-related injury and illness in the United States in 2010:
1. Nursing and residential care facilities (State government)
2. Fire protection (Local government)
3. Travel trailer and camper manufacturing (Private industry)
4. Iron foundries (Private industry)
5. Hospitals (State government)
6. Skiing facilities (Private industry)
7. Nursing and residential care facilities (Local government)
8. Police protection (Local government)
9. Aluminum die-casting foundries (Private industry)
10. Ambulance services (Private industry)
Source: Occupational Health Branch, California Department of Public Health, California REACH Project