The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
• Medarex has announced that its licensee, Novartis Pharma AG, has commenced Phase I clinical trials of a fully human antibody product candidate for the treatment of autoimmune disease.
• Oncolytics Biotech has resumed enrollment in the Phase I component of its clinical study examining the use of Reolysin, its formulation of the human reovirus, in the treatment of recurrent malignant glioma.
• Sangart has initiated its Phase Ib/II clinical trial for Hemospan (MP4), an oxygen transport agent, at the Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden. This clinical trial will include 30 patients undergoing elective orthopedic surgeries.
• Repligen Corp. has announced plans to conduct a clinical trial to evaluate RG1068, synthetic human secretin, in patients with schizophrenia. The objective of the trial is to determine if the improvements in social interaction found in a Phase II study of secretin in autism can be replicated in patients with schizophrenia who have significant social deficits.
• Isis Pharmaceuticals has initiated a Phase I clinical trial of ISIS 113715 for Type 2 diabetes. ISIS 113715 is a second-generation antisense drug designed to improve defective insulin signaling by targeting the gene PTP-1B.
• The FDA has granted investigational drug VG1000, manufactured by Virogenomics, orphan drug status for the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
• Hybridon has initiated a Phase I clinical trial of HYB2055, the company’s second-generation immunomodulatory oligonucleotide, in patients with malignant solid tumors.