The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
• Most quality professionals 72% of Healthcare Quality Certification Board (HQCB) survey respondents are licensed RNs.
• Most (38%) have their baccalaureate degree. A close second 35% have their masters, and 1.4% hold a doctorate.
• Most (38%) work in community-based organizations; 17% work in managed care facilities.
• Most (40%) work in facilities having 1,000 or more beds; 20% work in small hospitals with under 199 beds.
• Most have worked in health care quality for 10 years. (Hospital Peer Review’s survey.)
• Most (40%) categorize their type of position as middle management. 18% are in senior management; 22% are on staff; and 10% work as consultants.
These demographics on the quality professional come from a survey conducted earlier this year by the HQCB in San Gabriel, CA. The board conducts a national job analysis of the quality profession every few years to ensure its certification examination Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) accurately reflects the responsibilities of the candidates it’s testing. The CPHQ program is sponsored by the National Association for Healthcare Quality in Glenview, IL.