The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
Books and Articles
- White BJ, Madara EJ, eds. The Self-Help Sourcebook: Finding and Forming Mutual Aid Self-Help Groups. Denville, NJ: American Self-Help Clearinghouse. This book lists contact information for virtually every medical condition and problem of living.
- Jaffe DT, Scott CD. Self-Renewal: a Workbook for Achieving High Performance and Health in a High Stress Environment. Simon & Schuster. While an excellent workbook, the length could be overwhelming to those who are burnt out.
- Kofodimos J. Balancing Act. Jossey Bass. This book takes a business manager’s perspective.
- Swensen R. Margin. Nav Press. While this book takes a Christian perspective, it has some valuable information.
- Pfifferling JH. Physician Well-Being: Coping With Change. A monograph available from the Center for Professional Well-Being for $12. Call (919) 489-9167.
- Women Physicians Finding a Balance. Organized by the Columbia Rose Medical Center in Denver. 14.5 category 1 CME hours available. For information, call: (303) 320-2102.
- Annual National Wellness Conference. This takes place in July at Stevens Point, WI, and is organized by the National Wellness Institute. 45.5 Category 1 CME hours available. For information, call: (800) 243-8694.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in Mind-Body Medicine: a 5-day Professional Training. This residential program takes place periodically in Rhinebeck, NY, at the Omega Institute. For information, call: (914) 266-4301.