The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
If you would like to do a little research about fibromyalgia, the following organizations will provide you with some literature on the condition:
1. American College of Rheumatology has information about fibromyalgia available on its Web site at www. rheumatology.org. Or you may contact the organization at 1800 Century Place, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30345-4300. Telephone: (404) 633-3777.
2. American Occupational Therapy Association Inc. has a 60-page consumer guide on fibromyalgia that is available for $6, plus $4 for shipping and handling (members receive a discounted price of $5); packs of 10 are $55 ($45 for members), plus $7 shipping and handling. Contact the association at 4720 Montgomery Lane, P.O. Box 31220, Bethesda, MD 20824-1220. Telephone: (301) 652-2682. Fax: (301) 652-7711. Web site: www.aota.org/.
3. American Pain Society has educational information about chronic pain on its Web site at www.ampainsoc.org. Although its information is not specific to fibromyalgia, the society also has some pain literature available. Contact the society at 4700 W. Lake Ave., Glenview, IL 60025. Telephone: (847) 375-4715. Fax: (847) 375-6315.
4. Arthritis Foundation has educational information about fibromyalgia on its Web site at www.arthritis.org. The organization also has a fibromyalgia brochure that can be obtained by contacting the foundation at 1330 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30309. Telephone: (800) 283-7800 or (404) 872-7100.
5. Fibromyalgia Association of Greater Washington, Inc. has extensive literature, audiotapes, and other resources available. Some fibromyalgia educational information is on its Web site at www.fmagw.org. The association also can be reached at FMAGW, 13203 Valley Drive, Woodbridge, VA 22191-1531. Telephone: (703) 790-2324. Fax: (703) 494-4103. Included among FMAGW's resources are the following:
— FMAGW sample packet, available for $5, has information sheets, question and answer documents, a newsletter, catalog, and membership brochure.
— Fibromyalgia support group information for other states is listed on FMAGW's $1 brochure.
— North American Directory of Fibromyalgia Support Services book costs $16.
— "Introduction to Fibromyalgia" tape is available for $10.
— "Sleep and Its Relationship to Fibromyalgia Syndrome" tape is available for $10.
— "Current Neurological Studies in Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Myofascial Pain" tape costs $10.
— "Emotional Aspects of FMS" tape costs $10.
— "Fibromyalgia, Work & Disability" tape costs $10.
— "Fibromyalgia From Head to Toe," a tape that discusses disorders of both the temporomandibular joint and feet is available for $10.
— "Allergic Responses in the Individual With FMS" tape costs $10.
6. Fibromyalgia Network has some educational information on its Web site at www.fmnetnews.com. Or the network can be contacted at P.O. Box 31750, Tucson, AZ 85751. Telephone: (800) 853-2929.