The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
The Chicago-based American Hospital Associ ation (AHA) and its subsidiary AHA Insurance R esource Inc. (AHA-IRI) have teamed up with Communication Blueprints, LLC, to offer health care providers a resource for planning and implementing a compliance communications program.
The "2000 Compliance Communications Work Plan and Toolbox" spells out the basic steps necessary for effective compliance communications. This 200-plus page resource features ready-to-use tools, such as an announcement poster, code of conduct booklet, CEO letter, presentations, and newsletter articles, on CD-ROM and diskette. Chief compliance officers and hospital communication professionals can customize these tools to fit their programs.
Developed in conjunction with the Compliance Communications Advisory Board, the 2000 Com pliance Communications Work Plan and Toolbox features "best practice" guidelines and tips for:
• rolling out a communications program;
• responding to a crisis, such as receiving a search warrant;
• keeping employees informed about policy, actions, and progress;
• mitigating the impact of an investigation within your community.
It also includes:
• basic compliance presentations for employees and community leaders;
• a code of conduct booklet;
• forms for planning and documentation;
• elements of a model compliance plan;
• five things every employee should know about compliance;
• OIG compliance program guidance for hospitals;
• a glossary and resource directory;
• compliance graphics for a hospital to customize with its name and logo.
For more information about the 2000 Compli ance Communications Work Plan and Toolbox, call AHA at (800) 242-2626 or Brenda Todd at (312) 649-0371, or visit the AHA Web site at www. aha.org/compliance.