The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Commission For Case Management Certification, 1835 Rohlwing Road, Suite D, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008. Telephone: (847) 818-0292. Fax: (847) 394-2108. E-mail: email@example.com. Web site: www.ccmcertification.org.
• Candidates must:
— hold current RN licensure or acceptable licensure/certification in a field that promotes the physical, psychosocial, or vocational well-being of the people being served;
— have 12 to 24 months of acceptable full-time case management employment.
• Registration fee: $290. Testing dates: Twice annually in June and December.
• Testing sites: Fully accessible, smoke-free test sites are arranged on the basis of the geographic distribution of candidates sitting for the examination. In order to minimize travel expenses, one examination site per state will be established where possible.
• Recertification: Certification must be renewed every five years. The recertification fee is $150. Candidates must accumulate 80 hours of acceptable continuing education or retake the CCM examination to become recertified. They also must hold the underlying license or national certification that was the basis of their initial CCM certification eligibility. Candidates who choose to retake the CCM examination must pay an additional fee of $160.
• Exam content outline: The one-day exam contains 300 multiple-choice questions. It covers processes and relationships, health care management, community resources and support, service delivery, psychosocial intervention, and rehabilitation case management.
1. The effectiveness of case management services is evaluated most completely:
A. after the extent of the benefits coverage is determined
B. after the case is closed
C. by measuring the costs incurred by the insurer
D. by input from the client
(Editor’s note: In next month’s issue, Hospital Case Management will include a complete directory of all 12 major case management credentials.)