The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
Not sure where to turn for help developing your case management training program, or fine-tuning your current one? Sandra L. Lowery, RN, BSN, CRRN, CCM, president of CCMI Associates, a case management consulting and training firm in Francestown, NH, and current national president of the Case Management Society of America in Little Rock, AR, uses the following resources to design case management training programs:
• the Case Management Society of America Standards of Practice for Case Management;
• the Validation of the Essential Knowledge Dimensions of Case Management from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) in Rolling Meadows, IL;
• CCMC’s Code of Professional Conduct;
• specialty case management codes of conduct such as those developed by the National Association of Social Workers in Washington, DC;
• the CMSA Core Curriculum for Case Management.
"I also gather resources for specific training on issues such as mediation and negotiation skills and creative problem solving from case management publications, as well as presentations at case management conferences," she adds.