The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
• Altered mental state
• Incontinence (both urinary and bowel)
• Shearing and friction forces
• Poor nutritional status and dehydration
• Skin changes due to aging
• Major surgery and/or use of anesthesia
• Previous formation of an ulcer
• Medications: steroids, diuretics, sedatives, and chemotherapeutic agents
• Chronic diseases: diabetes, cancer, vascular disease, neurological diseases, and immune deficiency problems