The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
The ninth annual Medicaid Managed Care Congress is scheduled for June 25-27 in Alexandria, VA. Educational tracks are designed for marketing, education, member services, contracting, compliance, and network development. Workshops and seminars will include:
• Diversify your beneficiary population by leveraging state child health insurance programs
• Initiatives, trends, and prospects in Medicaid managed care: An informed perspective from the Health Care Financing Administration
• Understanding Medicaid risk-adjustment strategies for health services to special needs populations
• Transition planning when states carve benefits out of existing Medicaid managed care programs
• Educational competence in marketing for Medicaid managed care
• Developing and using new technologies to streamline Medicaid processes:
• A case study of the Arkansas program
A panel session will be held in which former Medicaid directors will gather to discuss their experiences. Panelists will include Larry Ford, the former Medicaid director of New Hampshire; Kevin Piper, former Medicaid director of Wisconsin; Charles Milligan Jr., former Medicaid director of New Mexico; Jim Verdier, former Medicaid director of Indiana; and Alan Weil, director of the Urban Institute in Washington, DC.
To register, call (888) 670-8200 or go to www.iir.ny.com.
The conference is presented by the Institute for International Research, Healthcare Division.
The National Academy for State Health Policy in Portland, ME, holds its 14th annual conference Aug. 12-14 in Charlotte, NC. The conference is designed by and for state policy-makers. Sessions will be held on health care costs and cost containment, prescription drug programs, long-term care, the future of Medicaid and managed care, children’s health, and serving the chronically ill and people with disabilities.
For more information, call the academy at (207) 874-6524.