The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
Consider providing telephone follow-up for patients discharged with the following diagnosis or symptoms:
• Left without being seen (as long as they had registered and a valid phone number was provided);
• Left against medical advice;
• Left without treatment completed;
• Physician/nurse request;
• Children younger than age 5 with a temperature more than 102° F;
• Abdominal pain;
• Vaginal bleeding;
• Chest pain;
• Significant head injury;
• Allergic reactions;
• Accidental overdose or ingestion;
• All children under age 1;
• All adults over age 70;
• Change in diagnosis/treatment/discrepancies in test results (physician assistant calls these patients).
Source: Laura J. Roepe, RN, MA, CEN.