The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
For more information about health care interpretation and translation services, check out these organizations and their web sites:
• Cross Cultural Health Care Program, Pacific Medical Center, 1200 12th Ave. South, Seattle, WA 98144. Telephone: (206) 621-4161. Web site: www.xculture.org/. The web site contains information about books, videos, articles, training, and seminars, and it has free profiles of a variety of ethnic communities.
• Diversity Rx, Resources for Cross Cultural Health Care, 8915 Sudbury Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902. Telephone: (301) 588-6051. Web site: www.DiversityRx.org/. The web site lists interpretation best practices and training sites.
• Interpreters Division of the American Translators Association, 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590, Alexandria, VA 22314. Telephone: (703) 683-6100. Fax: (703) 683-6122. Web sites: www.ata-divisions.org/ID/ and www.atanet.org/. The sites have information on how to find an interpreter, as well as a directory of articles, laws, and training sites.
• National Council on Interpreting in Health Care. Web site: www.ncihc.org/. The web site contains a plethora of information, including links to other web sites about interpreting and translation.
Contact information for the two co-chairs of the Board of Directors is:
Shiva Bidar-Sielaff, MA, Interpreter Services/ Minority Community Relations, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, 600 Highland Ave., Room G5/220A, Madison, WI 53792. Telephone: (608) 265-7424. Fax: (608) 263-7422. E-mail: email@example.com.
Cynthia E. Roat, Pacific Interpreters, 10548 Evanston Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98133. Telephone: (800) 311-1232, ext. 5638. Fax: (206) 362-7238. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Society of Medical Interpreters, P.O. Box 3304, Seattle, WA 98104-3304. Web site: www.sominet.org/. The organization represents interpreters in northwestern North America, from California to Vancouver, British Columbia.