The most award winning
healthcare information source.
TRUSTED FOR FOUR DECADES.
Here is the position summary for the ED research nurse at the department of emergency medicine at the University of Louisville (KY):
• Coordinate national multicenter clinical drug trials awarded to the Department of Emergency Medicine.
• Conduct and organize data collection and analysis activities for other ongoing departmental research. Maintain any registries for the department.
• Must work independently, without direct supervision.
• Meet regularly with research director and principal investigators regarding research and clinical issues.
• Must have more than four years experience in the area.
• Develop protocols and general conduct of drug study.
• Resolve clinical problems and adverse effects.
• Serve as liaison and communication with researchers in other sites concerning a wide range of clinical issues.
• Discuss the scope and purpose of project.
• Obtain informed consent, when required, and follow up with patients and facility until hospitalization and treatment are completed.
• Assist in comprehensive data collection and analysis activities for related research projects.